top of page

Dr Alison Flynn

Clinical Psychologist 

I am a Clinical Psychologist offering therapy to adults, children, young people and families. I offer consultation, supervision and training to professionals and organisations. 

I have over twelve years experience working in NHS mental health services and held a Lead Psychologist post in the NHS. 

Health Care & Professions Council Registration PYL35035

hcpc image.png

About Me

I work with people of all ages to improve their sense of fulfilment and meaning in life.

No two people respond to the same situation in the same way, so your therapy will be unique to you. My approach is to think about what is helpful in the 'here and now', though I believe understanding our past helps to change current patterns of feeling and behaviour. I believe it's important to take the realities of life into account - how your past and present cultural, social and political worlds affect you. We will think together about your support network, the timing and type of therapy that will best support you. 

I work with people seeking a greater sense of wellbeing and purpose. Some people have worked with me because I have experience working in mental health services for relationship and intimacy difficulties, Autism and ADHD. I use a holistic approach that thinks about the body as well as the mind and if you hold them, spiritual beliefs. 

As a Clinical Psychologist, I am trained in a range of evidence-based psychological therapies. This can be helpful as it allows me to think with you about the approach that might best suit you. 

Compassion Focused Therapy is the main therapy I offer. I receive ongoing specialist supervision in this model. Other approaches I have an interest in and have completed some further training in include; Psychodynamic Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing (a form of coaching). I also offer Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. 

I have a Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, a Masters of Science degree in Applied Psychology (Distinction) and an Undergraduate degree in Psychology. 

bottom of page